How to Keep up with Current Digital Marketing Trends, Post-COVID
Posted on 30th August 2021 at 20:04
There’s no doubt that the pandemic has influenced consumer behaviour. With most of us being locked up inside our homes for months on end, the use of social media and online retail has increased significantly. But now the world is finally beginning to reopen, what does this mean for the digital market?
Why Digital Marketing is More Important Than Ever
Due to the unforeseen circumstances of the pandemic, many businesses have needed to adapt and focus on marketing their products and services online. Digital marketing is, and has always been, a vital part of a successful business as a way for companies to encourage new customers, stay on top of competitors, and influence both old and new customer purchasing options.
In recent times, digital marketing has become more important than ever – with people staying at home for long durations, online stores are the only ones to have remained stable. Post-COVID, it’s likely that digital marketing will continue to increase in importance. Here’s why...
Drives Brand Establishment & Recognition
For your business to measure up to any competitors, you must ensure your business stands out from the rest with a unique, reputable brand. Effective digital marketing campaigns will increase brand recognition through maintaining an online presence, reminding your customers that your business still exists.
Keeps Your Business Relevant
With screen time on the up, now is the perfect opportunity to use digital marketing strategies to keep your business relevant online. With a global audience at your fingertips and cost-effective digital marketing strategies, this is your chance to grow your audience and establish brand recognition.
Builds Trust & Credibility
One of the most effective digital marketing strategies is content marketing. Consumer expenditure is increasing in line with the easing of restrictions; content marketing plays an important role in attracting your share of this boom. Providing customers with valuable information, promoting positive engagement, and building long term trust and credibility are just a few of the benefits of quality content marketing.
Digital Marketing Trends 2021
According to Statista, there were more than 3.6 billion people using social media across the globe in 2020, which is estimated to further rise to 4.41 billion by 2025. With this in mind, it’s important to understand and keep informed on the current digital marketing trends.
1. Working from home has become a significant part of life, and there's no sign of that trend reversing. PwC discovered that, of the CEOs surveyed, 78% stated that ‘the shift towards remote collaboration is enduring, a nod to the momentum building around flexibility.’
2. Interactive content will continue to be a trend; through using polls or surveys and promoting contests or quizzes, you can offer value to your customers whilst learning more about them.
3. There is a particular trend towards a more personal service; people want to feel like they are dealing with people and are receiving a customised service. Therefore, having website copy and a strong social presence is crucial, as these are all methods of connecting with and building rapport with your target audience
4. With retail e-commerce sales expected to increase to $5.4 billion by 2022 worldwide, it’s evident that the e-commerce business is growing. Online retail is one of the most popular online activities, especially over the last year during lockdown. To prepare for the projected increase in the e-commerce business, give your customers a choice with their payment preferences, such as Apple Pay, PayPal, or Google Pay.
5. Voice search is becoming increasingly popular, and every businesses should be considering it as part of their future marketing strategy. With AI becoming easier to use, businesses have the advantage to use virtual assistants to connect with customer relationship management tools.
How We Can Help Support Your Business
As a result of the global crisis, maintaining your business’ digital presence and telling your businesses story has never been more important. Having the support from an establishment such as Artus Digital Marketing provides you with the assurance that your digital marketing is being managed by a skilled and driven team. During the pandemic, we have been working closely with our clients and taken the time to get to know the heart of their business, their values, and what they want to achieve.
Sustaining your online presence can be arduous and time-consuming, especially for those smaller businesses and SMEs who might have struggled to adapt with the shifting online audiences during the pandemic. Staying updated is crucial for all businesses in the post-COVID era.
Get in touch with us to find out more.
Share this post: